Our life expectancy has increased by nearly 26 years since 1965. Then, the average life expectancy was 65. Now we can expect to live well into our 80s. As our longevity continues to increase, the risk of tooth loss has increased as well.
Did you know that 69% of adults ages 35 to 44 have lost at least one permanent tooth to an accident, gum disease, a failed root canal or tooth decay? And nearly 26% of adults over the age of 65 have lost at least their upper, lower, or all of their teeth?
Dental Implants Defined
One solution for tooth replacement isdental implants in Clinton Township. Dental implants are titanium screws that replace the root of the tooth with a porcelain crown permanently affixed. They’re a superior choice for tooth replacement for several reasons:
● Improved appearance. Dental implants can look and feel like your own teeth.
● Improved speech. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
● Easier eating. Dental implants allow you to maintain a healthier diet and you can eat your favorite foods with confidence.
● Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
● Durability. With good care, many implants can last a lifetime.
● Convenience. Dental implants eliminate the inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
If you have missing teeth, please call ourClinton Township dental office at 586.463.8635 to discuss all of your tooth replacement options, including dental implants.